Five Key Benefits of Using WordPress
Don Campbell is a well-known, highly respected Internet marketing expert specializing in WordPress website development. In part one of my interview with Don shares tips on developing a WordPress website.
WIB:?Many business owners hesitate to launch a website because of the high cost of having someone design, build, and maintain a website. Your company helps businesses build their own websites using WordPress. Aside from saving them thousands of dollars, how can businesses benefit from building their sites in WordPress? Is it really that easy?
Campbell:?That’s a great question. Many of the businesses I talk to fall into one of two categories:
- They don’t have a website, and don’t know how much it should cost, or who to trust; or
- They have a website, but it’s not really helping their business (it’s a glorified online brochure.) Maybe they even paid thousands of dollars for a nice looking one. They also struggle with updating it. Many times, they have to pay someone every time they want to make a change.
I recommend to business owners that they try to strike a balance between that costly, high-design website, and a free website that doesn’t really present a professional image. What they really need is a basic, professional website that is properly optimized for the search engines and built to bring them new business.
And someone who doesn’t have the time to set it up themselves can find someone to build them a very professional business website starting at about ?1000!
5 Key Benefits of Building Your Website in WordPress
Here are five key benefits of using WordPress for your website:
- Themes allow you to change the design of your website quickly. There are thousands of themes available for WordPress.
- Plugins allow you to extend the functionality of your WordPress site without knowing how to program. There are over 10,000 plugins available that help you add all kinds of functionality to your sites, like social media sharing, SEO, photo slideshows, and much more.
- They are easy to update. If you can create a Word document, you can publish a new article to your WordPress website. Once it is set up, you can update it anytime you want, and that is important for engagement with your visitors and for the search engines.
- Google loves WordPress sites. Because they are updated more frequently, and the content tends to be structured well, you can get a WordPress site ranking very quickly compared to a static website. Google has even gone on record as recommending WordPress for business sites (see YouTube video)
- WordPress is supported by a thriving, engaged community. A recent study estimates that approximately 8% of the sites on the Internet are run by WordPress. There are thousands of designers, developers and enthusiasts out there to help if you get stuck. Help is just a Google or Bing search away.
ACTISmedia - Nottingham based website, eCommerce, and, digital marketing specialists.
Websites, e-commerce and digital marketing since 1996 Website Design in Nottingham
Park Road East, Calverton
Nottinghamshire, NG14 6LL